Thank you for your interest in the Brooklyn Bridge Park. While the full-time staff remains small, there are occasional vacancies. Internship opportunities for college or graduate school students are available.
When positions become available, the positions will be advertised on this website, in addition to other places. Persons sending unsolicited resumes and cover letters may send them to email@example.com or by mail. Once your resume is received, a member of our staff will contact you should there be a position available that matches your credentials with our staffing needs.
Capital Project Manager
Brooklyn Bridge Park is seeking a focused, energetic, organized, and experienced candidate for the position of Capital Project Manager. Reporting to the President, the Capital Project Manager will assume responsibility for a portfolio of capital projects, to guide this ambitious capital program from design to completion and to provide strategic planning for capital project initiatives. The successful candidate will have excellent planning and communication skills, and demonstrated success in managing design and construction projects within New York City.
The Capital Project Manager will work with BBP’s staff, owner’s representative and construction manager, to shepherd capital projects through all stages of development. Key daily responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate all phases of selected Capital projects through preconstruction, design, permitting, construction and close-out
- Manage and update capital projects budgets and schedules
- Provide strategic planning for current and future capital program with the goal of implementing phased construction project
- Lead capital projects team of staff, consultants, and landscape architects to deliver high quality public landscape
- Work with key city government agencies, public entities and non-profits to develop partnerships and successfully advance project initiatives
- Manage funding streams and disbursements from the City of New York and other sources, and ensure compliance with BBP contracting requirements
- Work with BBP President and other key members of executive management team to develop strategies for project coordination and public outreach
A successful candidate will be highly organized, focused, detail oriented, and able to understand the complex projects and processes that govern them.
Key qualifications include:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with high-quality, large scale capital projects in New York City or other urban environments;
- Degree in engineering, architecture or urban planning is strongly encouraged;
- Knowledge and understanding of construction documents, contracts, and scheduling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to synthesize complex issues and present them clearly;
- Familiarity with, and interest in, government procurement and contracting
- Impeccable attention to detail;
- Experience in managing team of professionals on complex projects;
- Relevant experience in project management for public agency, architecture/engineering firm, private developer, construction management, or non-profit organization; and
- Proficiency with MS Projects, Excel, Word.
BBP offers a salary that is commensurate with experience and offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and TransitChek.
Brooklyn Bridge Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put "Capital Project Manager" in the subject line and please let us know how you heard of this opportunity. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Please click here do download a PDF of this job description.
Supervisor for Maintenance & Operations
The Supervisor for Maintenance & Operations (M&O) is an important leadership position. Reporting to BBPC’s VP, Operations, the Supervisor for Maintenance & Operations will assist in the management of the day-to-day aspects of park operations including supervision of the maintenance staff, general maintenance, facility management, property management, fleet management, and public safety.
- Act in a general oversight capacity for the maintenance of the park, inspect all park facilities and property areas a minimum of once daily; responsible for identifying field-related problems, troubleshooting, and liaising with the appropriate personnel to achieve resolutions on all shifts. Inspection of park facilities and property areas shall focus on, but not be limited to, trash collection, facility maintenance, property management, identification of damaged and/or broken items;
- Manage all maintenance staff; coordinate scheduling of staff in collaboration with the VP, Operations and the park Horticulturalist;
- Work closely with Park Enforcement Police (PEP) to ensure high standards of security and park supervision;
- Work with the park Horticulturalist to support horticulture staff and horticultural maintenance needs as necessary;
- Work with BBPC to support all public programs and events;
- Manage and coordinate field resources, working with staff to address unanticipated daily needs; ensure proper and timely execution of daily tasks and provide general oversight for special assignments;
- Keep the VP, Operations informed concerning work progress, including present and potential problems and suggestions for improved and innovative ways of addressing issues;
- Perform other duties as required in the scope of the job and as designated by the Director of Operations.
A bachelor's degree, or a technical degree and professional certifications in a relevant field are preferred. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent skills in leadership, communication (both verbal and written), organization, project management and development. Technical and analytical skills are required, along with knowledge of common employment practices. Candidates must be capable of working additional hours, under pressure, and independently as necessary, while handling a diverse range of responsibilities. The candidate must be able to work as a team member; be able to interact with all levels of management and staff; and have basic computer skills (Microsoft Word/Excel preferred). Valid US driver's license required.
Please submit resumes and cover letters to email@example.com by May 29, 2013. Please use Supervisor for Maintenance & Operations as your subject.
Please click here to download a PDF of the job description.
Mailing Address: 334 Furman Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
tel: (718) 222-9939
fax: (718) 222-9258