Permits must be obtained prior to undertaking regulated activities as defined in the Park Rules and Regulations. Applicants should read all terms and conditions prior to submitting an application. Applications to conduct regulated activities or uses must be submitted at least twenty-one (21) days in advance of the planned event, activity or use. Applications for film/photography permits must be submitted at least 48 hours in advance. All applicants will be charged a $25 non-refundable application fee. An additional $1.00 processing fee will be charged to your credit card.
Submitting an application does not guarantee you will be granted a permit. Permit fees will be assessed based on the nature of the event. Permit fees are applied directly to the park’s maintenance costs and horticultural upkeep.
Permits are required for:
- Wedding ceremonies.
- A special event. This includes a performance, meeting, assembly, contest, exhibit, ceremony, parade, reading, or picnic involving more than 20 people.
- A group activity involving less than 20 people for which specific space within the Park is requested to be reserved or set up is required.
- Professional/Commercial photography or film.
- Sports fields.
- Permits will not be granted on holidays or holiday weekends.
- Permits are not available for the picnic tables at the Pier 5 Picnic Peninsula and grilling stations and Empire Fulton Ferry. While some picnic tables may be reserved by Jane’s Carousel for private events, all other tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- School field days must be limited to 200 children and must be accompanied by 1 adult for every 10 children.
For questions or further information please email email@example.com.