- Permits must be obtained prior to undertaking regulated activities as defined in the Park Rules and Regulations.
- Applicants should read all terms and conditions prior to submitting an application.
- All permit applicants who are required to provide insurance must provide Certificates of Insurance with the following language in the Description of Operations box. If you fail to provide a COI with the language below by the deadline stated in your offer email, we will not issue your permit.
Please use this language on the Certificate of Insurance:
“[_____] (“Permittee”) is also insured under the described policy. The following are included as additional insureds, including with respect to claims arising out of Permittee’s operations: Brooklyn Bridge Park Corporation d/b/a Brooklyn Bridge Park, Empire State Development Corporation, Brooklyn Bridge Park Development Corporation, the State of New York, and the City of New York, including their respective commissioners, directors, officers, officials and employees, with coverage at least as broad as ISO Form CG 20 26.
- Applications to conduct regulated activities or uses must be submitted at least twenty-one (21) days in advance of the planned event, activity or use.
- Applications for film/photography permits must be submitted at least two business days in advance. Film/photo permits are issued on weekdays only.
- All applicants will be charged a $25 non-refundable application fee. An additional $1.00 processing fee will be charged to your credit card.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you will be granted a permit.
- Permit fees will be assessed based on the nature of the event.Permit fees are applied directly to the park’s maintenance costs and horticultural upkeep.
Permits are required for:
- Wedding ceremonies.
- A special event. This includes a performance, meeting, assembly, contest, exhibit, ceremony, parade, reading, or picnic involving more than 20 people.
- A group activity for which specific space within the Park is requested to be reserved or set up is required.
- Professional/Commercial photography or film.
- Athletic permits.
- Permits will not be granted on holidays or holiday weekends.
- Permits are not available for the picnic tables at the Pier 5 Picnic Peninsula and grilling stations and Empire Fulton Ferry. While some picnic tables may be reserved by Jane’s Carousel for private events, all other tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- School field days must be limited to 200 children and must be accompanied by 1 adult for every 10 children.
- Please click here if you are interested in submitting a proposal to display your art in the park.
For questions or further information please email email@example.com.