Thank you for your interest in the Brooklyn Bridge Park. While the full-time staff remains small, there are occasional vacancies. Internship opportunities for college or graduate school students are available.
When positions become available, the positions will be advertised on this website, in addition to other places. Persons sending unsolicited resumes and cover letters may send them to email@example.com or by mail. Once your resume is received, a member of our staff will contact you should there be a position available that matches your credentials with our staffing needs.
Position: Senior Accountant
Brooklyn Bridge Park is an 85 acre, 1.3 mile, world-class park that will stretch along the Brooklyn waterfront from Atlantic Avenue to Jay Street. In 2010, more than 20 acres of new park space opened, reconnecting the citizens of Brooklyn to their waterfront, and providing needed open space and recreational opportunities. Brooklynites can now enjoy wonderful new features including lawns, playgrounds, biking and boating stretching from Pier 1 at Old Fulton Street through our Greenway, out to Pier 6 at the foot of Atlantic Avenue.
The Senior Accountant will play a critical role in the day to day finance operations such as tracking revenue from permit fees, concessionaires, and assisting in bookkeeping operations. This is a great opportunity to learn tangible skills in budgeting, accounting, revenue management, organizational development, auditing and financial policy development, and financial analysis.
* Prepares monthly bank reconciliations
* Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger
* Processes monthly invoices
* Manages Open receivables
* Experience in preparing and reconciling accounts, records, reports and journals
* Analyzes, prepares, and processes payroll data through automated payroll system
* Assisting in month-end/year-end close process
* Providing assistance during annual financial audit.
* Assisting in reporting monthly budget to actual results senior staff.
* Experience with Sage/Abila non-profit accounting software a plus
*The ideal candidate will be a person who is looking to develop and continue in a career as a financial professional by acquiring hands on tangible skills in an entrepreneurial spirited organization.
* BA/BS in Accounting and 2+ years of related experience. Non-profit experience is a plus
* Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook required;
* Hard working and results oriented with strong organizational skill and an eye for detail;
* Enthusiasm for working in a small, hands on, growing, and flexible cooperative team environment;
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively, multi-task, set priorities and meet required deadlines;
* Positive approach, willingness to learn, can-do attitude, sense of humor and grace under pressure;
* Comfortable working in a small organization, including performing a wide variety of functions on an as-needed basis as the finance team grows and expands its operations.
* New York City residency is required within 180 days of employment.
BBP offers excellent benefits, including a company-paid 401(a) pension plan and 403(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plan, medical, dental and vision benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Salary Range: $55,000 to $65,000
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Accountant” in the subject of your email.