Thank you for your interest in the Brooklyn Bridge Park. While the full-time staff remains small, there are occasional vacancies. Internship opportunities for college or graduate school students are available.
When positions become available, the positions will be advertised below, in addition to other places. Persons sending unsolicited resumes and cover letters may send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Once your resume is received, a member of our staff will contact you should there be a position available that matches your credentials with our staffing needs.
Position: Executive Assistant
BBP seeks an experienced and extremely organized professional to act as executive assistant to the President of the Park and provide additional administrative, organizational and clerical support to the staff of BBP. Our ideal candidate is capable of concurrently handling multiple special projects, is detail oriented and highly organized, and can keep a busy leader on-point and organized while helping staff meet internal and external commitments and goals. This key role requires a high level of executive management skills and offers the opportunity to be part of an exciting public works project.
* Maintains frequently changing calendars through Outlook and understands Executive’s priorities to effectively manage the calendar
* Prepares and reviews materials and correspondence for meetings; ensures executive is prepared
* Provides administrative support, including scheduling, drafting agendas, and executes follow-up actions
* Screens daily emails and compose replies to standard queries. Fields follow-up calls and emails
* Manages office reception desk, performing tasks associated with being BBP’s ‘front facing’ team member in a professional manner
* Assists with office operations including, but not limited to: maintaining inventory of office supplies; arranging for repair and maintenance of office and kitchen equipment
* Plans and organizes BBP meetings as needed; prepares background information and materials necessary; creates presentations and supports the President and team throughout
* Ensures streamlined collaboration between senior staff to accomplish organizational goals and projects
* Other duties and special projects at the direction of senior staff
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong initiative and ability to anticipate needs of busy President and ability to prioritize and complete tasks and keep the President apprised of ongoing issues in an organized and consistent manner
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with good understanding of MS Outlook and MS Word
* Highly creative, detail-oriented, organized and self-sufficient. Able to execute tasks with minimal guidance
* Sound judgment, maturity and the ability to handle sensitive information with necessary discretion
* Obtained at minimum Undergraduate degree
* Minimum of two to four years relevant work experience
* Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
* Proactive, motivated, and strong ability to multitask
This is a full-time job in the BBP offices, located at 334 Furman Street, Brooklyn, NY. Salary is commensurate with experience and we offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and Commuter Benefits. The Brooklyn Bridge Park Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity. We encourage applicants of any background to apply.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use Executive Assistant in the subject line of your email.
Working collaboratively with other team members, the Gardener is responsible for daily horticultural management of of Brooklyn Bridge Park, commensurate with established organizational mission, values, and standards.
* Caring for thousands of newly planted trees, shrubs, perennials, and grasses
* Planting and transplanting herbaceous plants and small trees
*Understory tree and shrub pruning and maintenance
* Integrated Pest Management
* Mowing and string trimming
* Maintenance of all essential equipment
* Weeding, brush clearing, and mulching
* Debris and trash removal
* Composting and compost facility maintenance
* Helping Hort Staff with their tasks
* Research, data collection, and horticultural database maintenance
* Interacting with park patrons in a professional manner as a representative of BBP
* Leading volunteer groups and training long-term Zone Volunteers
* Conducting educational workshops and tours for the public
* Provide support to other members of the Brooklyn Bridge Park Operations Staff on a variety of tasks from maintenance work to gardening
* Perform other duties as required in the scope of the job and as designated by Operations Management.
* One or more years of horticulture experience or degree in horticulture and/or related field
* Experience with various landscape maintenance equipment
* Knowledge of plant material, including turf
* Knowledge of plant diseases and pests, as well as IPM strategies
* Strong weed identification and management skills
* Familiarity with irrigation systems
* Ability to perform heavy, physical labor (lift 40 lbs) on a daily basis in all weather conditions
* Previous experience in a facility maintenance and/or park setting
* Hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details
* Strong communication skills and basic computer knowledge
* Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
* Comfortable working independently or with a team and outside in a park-setting
* Valid NYS Driver License
This position reports to the Director of Horticulture.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, non-exempt position. Staff members holding this position should expect to be available for work one weekend day.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use Seasonal Gardener in the subject line of your email.