Thank you for your interest in the Brooklyn Bridge Park. While the full-time staff remains small, there are occasional vacancies. Internship opportunities for college or graduate school students are available.
When positions become available, the positions will be advertised below, in addition to other places. Persons sending unsolicited resumes and cover letters may send them to email@example.com or by mail. Once your resume is received, a member of our staff will contact you should there be a position available that matches your credentials with our staffing needs.
The Brooklyn Bridge Park Corporation (BBP), a not for profit corporation, is responsible for the design, construction and operation of Brooklyn Bridge Park, an 85 acre, 1.3 mile, world-class park that stretches along the Brooklyn waterfront from Atlantic Avenue to Jay Street, north of the Manhattan Bridge. Adding much-needed open space for Brooklyn and New York City residents, Brooklyn Bridge Park contributes to the extraordinary revitalization of the waterfront in the New York Harbor, serving as a bridge from the commercial uses of previous centuries to the recreational uses of the future. Construction of the park is ongoing, and BBP operates areas of the park as they open to the public, while continuing to construct the remaining portions of the park design. www.brooklynbridgepark.org
Working collaboratively with other team members, the Turf Manager is responsible for daily turf management of of Brooklyn Bridge Park, commensurate with established organizational mission, values, and standards.
- Caring for 10 acres of organically maintained turf
- Mowing, string trimming, aerating, dethatching, fertilizing, top dressing, weeding, reseeding and otherwise managing turf
- Training and overseeing the daily tasks of the Turf Seasonal
- Reviewing new lawns as they are installed
- Integrated Pest Management
- Oversee park-wide irrigation system
- Repair spray heads as they break
- Maintenance of all lawncare and irrigation equipment
- Work with Gardeners to assure proper landscape irrigation
- Integrate turf management into Categraph management software
- Keeping records in Excel, performing management experiments, and analyzing historical data
- Soil biology, nutrient, contaminant, compaction and moisture testing and tracking
- Provide help with seasonal tasks, including snow removal
- Provide support to other members of the Brooklyn Bridge Park Operations Staff on a variety of tasks from maintenance work to gardening;
- Perform other duties as required in the scope of the job and as designated by Operations Management.
- A degree in Turf Care from an accredited university
- Minimum three years’ experience managing turf
- Minimum one year experience working with irrigation
- Knowledge of grass species, pathogens, and fertilization requirements
- Enthusiastic about, knowledgeable of, and willing to experiment with cutting edge organic turf care strategies
- Irrigation systems knowledge
- Strong weed identification and management skills
- Ability to perform heavy, physical labor (lift 40 lbs) on a daily basis in all weather conditions
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Previous experience in a facility maintenance and/or park setting a plus
- Hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details;
- Strong communication skills and basic computer knowledge
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed;
- Comfortable working independently or with a team and outside in a park-setting.
- Valid NYS Driver License
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, non-exempt position. Staff members holding this position should expect to be available for work one weekend day.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use Turf Manager in the subject line of your email.
The Procurement Coordinator, part of the Finance Department, standardizes effective procurement processes and tracks and maintains all procurement related documentation in accordance with company policy. This position requires the ability to identify improvement opportunities related to procurement and purchasing processes and procedures; vetting potential vendors; proposal evaluation and pricing analysis; and analyzing vendor terms and agreements.
- Procure goods and services in accordance with company policy
- Determine the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships. Continually re-evaluate existing vendor relationships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services throughout the organization
- Finalize details of orders and deliveries. Track utilization of specific services and reconcile invoices
- Collaborate with staff to ensure the clarity of order specifications and expectations
- Anticipate replacement of equipment and supplies through analysis of Cartegraph® OMS data
- Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Represent the Park in a professional manner and maintain positive working relationships with vendors
- Excellent working knowledge and experience with contract management and electronic spreadsheets/tracking
- The ability to work with and organize detailed records, and perform duties with a high degree of accuracy
- business experience sufficient to meet the demands of the position, including proficiency with a variety of software applications (Excel, Word, ABILA, Cartegraph ® ) and strong oral and written communication skills.
How to apply:
Please submit resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. Cover letter must include salary history and expectations. US Citizen or Green card (no sponsoring). New York City residency required within 180 days of hire. Please state “Procurement Coordinator” in the Subject line. BBP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BBP offers excellent benefits and retirement/savings programs.