Thank you for your interest in the Brooklyn Bridge Park. While the full-time staff remains small, there are occasional vacancies. Internship opportunities for college or graduate school students are available.
When positions become available, the positions will be advertised below, in addition to other places. Persons sending unsolicited resumes and cover letters may send them to email@example.com or by mail. Once your resume is received, a member of our staff will contact you should there be a position available that matches your credentials with our staffing needs.
The internship program will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of Accounting functions via on-the-job.
* Record Retention – Assist with preparing annual Vendor folders
* Record Retention – Oversee Accounts Payable’s filing, scanning and organization of records
* Disbursement process – Attaching checks/wire confirmation to invoices
* Support Accounts Payable team with invoice vouching and payment inquiries
* Work with the Finance team on projects on a as needed basis
* A full time student in an Associate’s degree program; majoring in Accounting or Finance
* Organized with great attention to detail
* Ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills
* A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability and confidentiality
* Available for two days a week (BBP is flexible and can work with individual’s school schedules)
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use Accounting/Finance Intern in the subject line of your email.
Capital Operations Intern
The Capital Intern at Brooklyn Bridge Park will assist the Capital Projects team on a variety of tasks related to the park’s construction and design. The intern will contribute to ongoing site planning and project management, including small construction projects, public outreach, communications regarding in-progress and upcoming construction projects, and internal file-keeping and plan organization.
Brooklyn Bridge Park seeks a graduate or undergraduate candidate in construction management, architecture, landscape architecture, urban design or related fields. We are seeking candidates who possess solid writing skills, research acumen, communications abilities, ability to read design plans and use graphic programs, and familiarity with construction project management. Candidates should be available to work up to 25 hours per week. A stipend is available for the internship.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use Capital Projects Intern in the subject line of your email.
Working collaboratively with other team members, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for contributing to the general upkeep of Brooklyn Bridge Park’s many complex systems, commensurate with established organizational mission, values, and standards.
* Contribute to the ongoing operation and preventative maintenance of all working systems and assets under the jurisdiction of Brooklyn Bridge Park
* Provide emergency response to numerous park-wide elements including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and irrigation equipment
* Coordinate with outside contracted specialists to perform tasks, adjustments, and repairs
* Participate in seasonal maintenance activities including snow removal, lawn mowing/detailing and water start-up/winterization
* Collaborate with co-workers to maintain a proper inventory of Maintenance-related supplies, materials, and equipment
* Follow through on daily work orders, document progress via regular reporting, and complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner
* Provide positive customer service to park visitors including answering questions and conveying park information
* Perform other duties as required in the scope of the job and as designated by Operations Management
* Previous experience in a facility maintenance and/or park setting
* Hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details
* Basic knowledge and understanding of mechanical, electric, and plumbing systems
* Strong communication skills and basic computer knowledge
* Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
* Comfortable working independently or with a team and outside in a park-setting
* Valid NYS Driver License
This position reports to the Chief of Turf and Trade Services.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, non-exempt position. Staff members holding this position should expect to be available for work Monday – Sunday, 6AM – 1AM and during other periods as assigned by Operations Management.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use Turf Manager in the subject line of your email.
Direct the processing and implementation of athletic, film/photography, and special event permit applications from the permit tracking database. Issue and track all permits for events and parking. Provide customer service involving the permit process. Perform permit compliance inspections. Update weekly park activities schedule and provide crew/staff instructions related to permits when necessary.
* Ensure that applications are entered accurately and in accordance with agency procedures in an efficient manner.
* Assist with maintaining and updating databases.
* Working with the VP, Operations, process all permit applications.
* Assist with the processing of all wedding, film & photo, field days, special event and parking permits.
* Maintain proper records for all permits issued.
* Actively check in on permitted events in the Park to ensure compliance with BBP rules and regulations.
* Working with the VP, Operations, serve as liaison to the Mayor’s Citywide Event Management Office on all large events.
* Assist the CFO with reconciliation of customer payments against permit database payment report by issuing quotes for additional permit fees, and tracking all permit fees, quote, and payment records in databases.
* Coordinate across departments to produce weekly Park schedule.
* Work with the BBP Conservancy to prevent scheduling conflicts.
* Check in with the Capital and Operations teams for any Park closures.
* Coordinate with the Communications team on website updates, including event scheduling and closures.
* Assist the public in person and on the telephone with applying for and obtaining permits while providing excellent customer service.
* Provide general Operations support as needed. Assist in projects including managing an inventory of park assets, tracking electrical usage, and various maintenance tasks.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent skills in communication (both verbal and written), organization and project management. Technical and analytical skills are required. Candidates must be capable of working additional hours, under pressure, and independently as necessary, while handling a diverse range of responsibilities. The candidate must be able to work as a team member; be able to interact with all levels of management and staff; and have proficient computer skills (including database management software, Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel). Valid US driver’s license required. Proficiency in Spanish, a plus.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use Permit Coordinator in the subject line of your email.