Thank you for your interest in the Brooklyn Bridge Park. While the full-time staff remains small, there are occasional vacancies. Internship opportunities for college or graduate school students are available.
When positions become available, the positions will be advertised below, in addition to other places. Persons sending unsolicited resumes and cover letters may send them to email@example.com or by mail. Once your resume is received, a member of our staff will contact you should there be a position available that matches your credentials with our staffing needs.
Position: Communications/External Affairs Associate
Brooklyn Bridge Park is seeking a Communications/External Affairs Associate to assist the communications staff with a variety of tasks related to the park’s communications, public outreach and media relations.
* Assist with managing social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and expanding presence to additional platforms such as LinkedIn and Google+.
* Draft blogs, social media posts, web pages, e-blasts, fact sheets, presentations and other materials as needed.
* Design graphics and identify images for marketing materials, presentations, publications and event promotion (flyers, invitations, electronic newsletters, etc.).
* Maintain BBP’s extensive library of photos and assist with scheduling photographers for events, openings and construction.
* Assist with logistics for press events, park openings and community meetings.
* Maintain media lists and track press coverage.
* Help manage and provide content for brooklynbridgepark.org.
* Assist with managing BBP’s general email account by responding to inquiries.
* Lead group tours of the park.
* Performing other relevant duties, including some administrative tasks, as necessary.
* Undergraduate or graduate degree in communications, public relations or marketing is preferred.
* Strong and creative writing and communication skills.
* At least one year of experience in graphic design and presentation applications including Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Experience in community organizing and government relations and advantage.
* Motivated individual capable of writing fun, upbeat content for new website.
* Knowledge of Content Management System (CMS), Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Cision Point and HTML.
Send cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Communications Associate” in the subject line of your email.
Position: Senior Accountant
Brooklyn Bridge Park is an 85 acre, 1.3 mile, world-class park that will stretch along the Brooklyn waterfront from Atlantic Avenue to Jay Street. In 2010, more than 20 acres of new park space opened, reconnecting the citizens of Brooklyn to their waterfront, and providing needed open space and recreational opportunities. Brooklynites can now enjoy wonderful new features including lawns, playgrounds, biking and boating stretching from Pier 1 at Old Fulton Street through our Greenway, out to Pier 6 at the foot of Atlantic Avenue.
The Senior Accountant will play a critical role in the day to day finance operations such as tracking revenue from permit fees, concessionaires, and assisting in bookkeeping operations. This is a great opportunity to learn tangible skills in budgeting, accounting, revenue management, organizational development, auditing and financial policy development, and financial analysis.
* Prepares monthly bank reconciliations
* Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger
* Processes monthly invoices
* Manages Open receivables
* Experience in preparing and reconciling accounts, records, reports and journals
* Analyzes, prepares, and processes payroll data through automated payroll system
* Assisting in month-end/year-end close process
* Providing assistance during annual financial audit.
* Assisting in reporting monthly budget to actual results senior staff.
* Experience with Sage/Abila non-profit accounting software a plus
*The ideal candidate will be a person who is looking to develop and continue in a career as a financial professional by acquiring hands on tangible skills in an entrepreneurial spirited organization.
* BA/BS in Accounting and 2+ years of related experience. Non-profit experience is a plus
* Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook required;
* Hard working and results oriented with strong organizational skill and an eye for detail;
* Enthusiasm for working in a small, hands on, growing, and flexible cooperative team environment;
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively, multi-task, set priorities and meet required deadlines;
* Positive approach, willingness to learn, can-do attitude, sense of humor and grace under pressure;
* Comfortable working in a small organization, including performing a wide variety of functions on an as-needed basis as the finance team grows and expands its operations.
* New York City residency is required within 180 days of employment.
BBP offers excellent benefits, including a company-paid 401(a) pension plan and 403(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plan, medical, dental and vision benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Salary Range: $55,000 to $65,000
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Senior Accountant” in the subject of your email.
Position: Assistant General Counsel
BBP is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented in-house attorney to provide advice and representation on a range of issues relating to park operations and concessions, construction projects, real estate development activities and litigation. Reporting to the General Counsel, the attorney would work closely with staff in BBP’s capital construction, operations, finance and real estate groups and interact with government agencies and private companies. This is a unique opportunity to be a key part of the creation and operation of a world-class, innovative and transformational public space.
Key responsibilities include: drafting and negotiating construction contracts, licenses and a variety of other agreements; enforcing leases, licenses and vendor contracts; overseeing compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations and company policies; supporting BBP’s procurement and M/WBE programs; supervising outside counsel; and managing insurance claims.
* JD degree from accredited law school and member of the New York Bar; strong academic credentials
* 3-6 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibilities at a law firm and/or in-house at a corporate, not-for-profit or government organization
* Experience with contracts, real estate and/or construction related transactional matters
* Excellent written and verbal skills, with an ability to clearly and effectively present information to senior management
* Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, multi-task, set priorities and meet required deadlines
* Strong interest in not-for-profit administration, government and open space
* Public sector experience a plus
* New York City residency required within 180 days of hire
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Assistant General Counsel” as your subject line.
BBP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BBP offers excellent benefits, medical, dental and vision benefits 403(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans and company-paid 401(a) pension plan.
Position: Capital Intern, Summer 2015
The Capital Intern at Brooklyn Bridge Park will assist the Capital Projects team on a variety of tasks related to the park’s construction and design. The intern will contribute to ongoing site planning and project management, including small construction projects, public outreach, communications regarding in-progress and upcoming construction projects, and internal file-keeping and plan organization.
Brooklyn Bridge Park seeks a graduate or undergraduate candidate in construction management, urban planning, urban design or related fields. We are seeking candidates who possess solid writing skills, research acumen, communications abilities, ability to read design plans and use graphic programs, and familiarity with construction project management. Candidates should be available to work up to 30 hours per week. A limited stipend is available for the internship.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume, and availability to email@example.com with the subject “Capital Projects Internship”.