Thank you for your interest in the Brooklyn Bridge Park. While the full-time staff remains small, there are occasional vacancies. Internship opportunities for college or graduate school students are available.
When positions become available, the positions will be advertised below, in addition to other places. Persons sending unsolicited resumes and cover letters may send them to email@example.com or by mail. Once your resume is received, a member of our staff will contact you should there be a position available that matches your credentials with our staffing needs.
The Brooklyn Bridge Park Corporation (BBP), a not for profit corporation, is responsible for the design, construction and operation of Brooklyn Bridge Park, an 85 acre, 1.3 mile, world-class park that stretches along the Brooklyn waterfront from Atlantic Avenue to Jay Street, north of the Manhattan Bridge. Adding much-needed open space for Brooklyn and New York City residents, Brooklyn Bridge Park contributes to the extraordinary revitalization of the waterfront in the New York Harbor, serving as a bridge from the commercial uses of previous centuries to the recreational uses of the future. Construction of the park is ongoing, and BBP operates areas of the park as they open to the public, while continuing to construct the remaining portions of the park design. www.brooklynbridgepark.org
Vice President of Strategic Partnerships
Brooklyn Bridge Park’s Vice President of Strategic Partnerships is the primary point of contact for all external constituencies, managing relationships with press, elected officials, community members, programming partners and allied organizations.
- Plan and execute a proactive press strategy that highlights the overall progress of the park as well as events, horticulture, design, and sustainability measures.
- Write and distribute press releases, pitch stories and formulate responses on deadline working with Park staff.
- Work in close collaboration with the Mayor’s Press Office and City Legislative Affairs to maximize impact of public relations efforts and coordinate ongoing relationships with elected officials.
- Maintain an active, visually compelling and informative website that provides up-to-the- minute content about the Park and highlights timely information and upcoming events.
- Plan, manage and implement an aggressive social media campaign to build awareness of the Park, events and capital improvements.
- Identify and pursue new partnerships with allied not-for-profit and other organizations to augment the reach of the Park, its programming offerings and increase its audience.
- Manage on-going collaborations with the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy to ensure coordinated outreach campaigns and maximize efficiencies in promotion and marketing.
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with local elected officials and troubleshoot as needed.
- Manage the Park’s Community Advisory Council (CAC) in partnership with the CAC co-chairs to devise meeting agendas, presentations and follow-up to ensure a full, representative and active community advisory presence.
Candidate should have 5-7 years of experience in a comparable position, with a proven track record of effective relationships with the press, government officials and community advocates. Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Familiarity with city government is essential. Interest and proficiency in urban planning, landscape architecture, park management and sustainability concepts are a plus.
How to Apply:
Please submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter must include salary expectations. US Citizen or Green card (no sponsoring). NYC residency required. Please state VP Strategic Partnerships in the Subject line. BBP is an EEO employer.
Capital Intern (Summer 2017)
The Capital Intern at Brooklyn Bridge Park will assist the Capital Projects team on a variety of tasks related to the park’s construction and design. The intern will contribute to ongoing site planning and project management, including small construction projects, public outreach, communications regarding in-progress and upcoming construction projects, internal file-keeping, and plan organization.
Brooklyn Bridge Park seeks a graduate candidate in construction management, architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, urban design or related fields. We are seeking candidates who possess solid writing skills, research acumen, communications abilities, ability to read design plans, use graphic programs, and familiarity with construction project management. Candidates should be available to work up to 25 hours per week. This is a paid internship.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume, work samples and availability to email@example.com with the subject Capital Projects Internship. BBP is an EEO employer.