Thank you for your interest in the Brooklyn Bridge Park. While the full-time staff remains small, there are occasional vacancies. Internship opportunities for college or graduate school students are available.
When positions become available, the positions will be advertised below, in addition to other places. Persons sending unsolicited resumes and cover letters may send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Once your resume is received, a member of our staff will contact you should there be a position available that matches your credentials with our staffing needs.
Position: Survey Intern
Brooklyn Bridge Park is seeking a seasonal intern to assist with the 2015 Park Count and User Survey, which BBP and the BBP Conservancy conduct annually over the summer season.
* Develop and execute plan for BBP’s 2015 Survey and User Count based upon close study of 2014 results and future needs.
* Work closely with the BBP Communications Department BBP Conservancy to recruit, train and supervise volunteers to efficiently conduct the assignment.
* Provide regular ongoing updates and presentations regarding the progress of the project.
* Assist with drafting communications and promotional materials as needed.
* Performing other relevant duties, including some administrative tasks, as necessary.
* Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university. A student majoring in urban studies/planning is preferred but not required.
* Must possess solid writing and communication skills, research acumen, and the ability use graphic programs.
* Candidates should be available to work up to 30 hours per week, including some weekends.
* Motivated individual with the ability and desire to take initiative and suggest new ideas.
* Knowledge of Survey Monkey, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop required. Experience with HTML a plus.
This is a paid internship available three days per week, including some weekends. The position will begin in May 2015 and end in August 2015.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use Park Count and User Survey Intern in the subject line of your email.