- Permits must be obtained prior to undertaking regulated activities as defined in the Park Rules and Regulations.
- Applicants should read all Permit Terms and Conditions prior to submitting an application.
- Permits are not issued for holidays or holiday weekends.
- All applicants will be charged a $25 non-refundable application fee. An additional $1.00 processing fee will be charged to your credit card. Additional permit fees may be required based on the nature of the event and will be assessed after your application has been received.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you will be granted a permit. Your application is not approved until you have received a permit. Applications may take up to 21 days to process after they have been submitted.
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Special Events
- This application is for any event involving more than 20 people including, but not limited to, picnics, birthdays, school trips and field days, any group activity for which specific space within the park is requested to be reserved or equipment set up is required, or use of the Studio at St. Ann’s Warehouse.
- Applications for special events must be submitted at least twenty-one (21) days in advance of the planned event, activity, or use.
- Film or Photography
- Film/photography permits are issued on weekdays only.
- Applications for film/photography permits must be submitted at least two (2) business days in advance.
- League Athletics
- This application is for recurring athletic permits for Pier 2, Pier 5, or Pier 6.
NOTE: Please apply for a special event permit for non-league, single usage of the athletic courts or fields. Additional fees apply for groups over 18 years of age after your application has been submitted. Availability of the courts and fields is limited. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability before applying.
- It is not possible to receive a permit for the Pier 5 grilling stations or any picnic tables in the park. All tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis for groups of 20 people or less. Personal grills are not allowed to be brought into the park.
- Applications for the upcoming year will open on December 1st of the current year.
- Please click here if you are interested in submitting a proposal to display your art in the park.
Permits are required for:
All permit applicants who are required to provide insurance must provide a Certificate of Insurance (COI) with the following language in the ‘Description of Operations’ box and the following address as the certificate holder. If you fail to provide a COI with the language below, we will not issue your permit.
Description of Operations text:
“permittee” is also insured under the described policy. The following are included as additional insureds, including with respect to claims arising out of Permittee’s operations: Brooklyn Bridge Park Corporation d/b/a Brooklyn Bridge Park, Empire State Development Corporation, Brooklyn Bridge Park Development Corporation, the State of New York, and the City of New York, including their respective commissioners, directors, officers, officials and employees, with coverage at least as broad as ISO Form CG 20 26.
Certificate Holder text:
Brooklyn Bridge Park
334 Furman Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201