Join the Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse for free kayaking sessions from June to August. Have your own boat? Launch your human-powered boats from the Pier 4 Beach. Glide to a shady cove and explore the park’s flora and fauna from a whole new perspective.
Free Public Kayaking
Want to go kayaking for free with an amazing view of lower Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty? Then you’ve come to the right place. The Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse has Kayaking each week from August 19 to October 14 on Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons. Limited capacity available, advanced registration is required.
- Advanced registration is required for this activity. Due to COVID-19, limited capacity is available.
- All participants must sign a waiver before participating.
- Participants must wear a face covering at all times.
- Children and teens under 18 must have an adult guardian present.
- Singles are for adults, or any kayaker with a parent/guardian present that is at least 14 years old.
- Doubles are for one adult and no more than one child under 14 or paddler that needs assistance. Shared boats must be from the same household.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled start time. You will only be able to paddle during the time slot for which you registered.
- Minors (below 18 years old) must have a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Minors 14-17 years old can go in a kayak by themselves if a parent/guardian agrees, signs the waiver, and remains present.
- Minors 13 years and younger are permitted, if accompanied in the boat by parent or guardian. Only one child per boat at any time.
- Interested in volunteering with the Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse? Click here.
Youth Group Kayak Program
The Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy offers a youth kayak program for school and camp groups throughout the summer. Please visit the Youth Kayak Program page for more information.