- Jazzmobile This summer, Jazzmobile brings seven-time Grammy nominee Bobby Sanabria and his Multiverse Big Band to the park. Blending Latin music, funk, rock, R & B, gospel, rap and, of course, jazz, this is a musical experience not to be missed.
- Under Armour’s Elite 24 For the third consecutive summer, the nation’s premier high school basketball players assemble on Pier 2 for Under Armour’s Elite 24. Played on a hardwood court constructed just for them, and with sweeping harbor views as a backdrop, you’ve never seen basketball quite like this.
- BAMcinemaFest BAMcinemaFest brings Boyhood director Richard Linklater’s seminal early film, Slacker, to Pier 1 for an outdoor screening. Come out for live music, curated food, great views, and the film that BAM says “put Austin, TX on the map.”
- Park Openings We’re always excited to open new portions of the park. This summer will see significant additions opening at Main Street, John Street, and Pier 6. Be one of the first to experience the brand new green spaces when they open this season.
- 4th of July With fireworks launching right off the East River, you can’t get closer to the action than BBP. Get a spot on a lawn and enjoy the show- there’s no better place to watch.
- Summer Reading Storytime Bring the kids to the Granite Terrace to hear Brooklyn Heights librarians read stories from Brooklyn Public Library’s reading list. Then, keep enjoying the sunshine at one of our excellent playgrounds.
- Youth Basketball Clinics This summer, Big and Little Skills Academy will offer youth basketball clinics twice a week at Pier 2. With 3 on 3 tournaments, awards, and even academic training, your kids won’t want to miss out!
- Photoville United Photo Industries brings its incredible photography exhibition back to BBP this summer. Spread across more than 60 repurposed shipping containers, Photoville features installations, talks, workshops, nighttime projections, and more. Additionally, UPI’s parkwide installation, The Fence, also returns this summer.
The latest news about one of New York City’s best waterfront parks.