BROOKLYN BRIDGE PARK COVID-19 RESPONSE
Brooklyn Bridge Park is working closely with the Mayor’s Office and the City’s Health Department to closely monitor and respond to COVID-19. The health and safety of BBP’s staff, visitors, and community is the top priority.
Public parks are a vital part of urban living. We encourage visitors to the park at this time, but we ask that you do so in a socially responsible way – keep 6 feet apart from other people, wear a face covering, wash your hands or use hand-sanitizer frequently, do not shake hands, and stay home if you feel unwell. Playgrounds, dog runs, and picnic areas are open. Sports facilities are open but please note that team sports are not allowed and face coverings must be worn and social distancing must be maintained while using these facilities.
Until further notice, the following locations are closed:
- The Environmental Education Center and the building at 99 Plymouth
- Jane’s Carousel. For more information visit Jane’s Carousel
- St. Ann’s Warehouse. For more information visit St. Ann’s Warehouse
- All gatherings larger than 25 people are prohibited in the Park until further notice.
For food concession hours, please check the Restaurants & Cafes page.
Please take all precautions to protect yourself and those around you by following NYC Health Guidelines.
EVENTS — SAFETY PROTOCOLS & GUIDELINES
Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy is thrilled to be able to offer virtual and in-person programs. Maintaining safety is our number one priority and we are following state, city, and CDC guidelines to limit the spread of COVID-19.
For the well-being of our community, we ask that anyone who exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19 or has recently come into contact with someone who has COVID-19 please stay home. To further ensure the well-being of our program participants, staff, partners, and volunteers, program procedures will now include the following requirements:
- All participants and staff must wear masks over their nose and mouth.
- All participants and staff will maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from one another.
- All participants must read and complete our updated waiver.
- Combined program participation and staffing will be limited to 50 people.
- Shared materials will be limited as much as possible. Any materials that are shared will be sanitized between each use.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided on-site.
- Staff are expected to wash hands regularly and self-monitor and report any symptoms. Staff are required to stay home if they have any symptoms or have recently come into contact with someone with symptoms.
Any participants who do not comply with safety requirements may be asked to leave the program. If you have questions, please reach out to [email protected]