Early Nature Experiences
Our early childhood program is great for curious little scientists! Offered in Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Each semester consists of eight Wednesday sessions. Sessions begin inside the Ed Center and last for 75 minutes. Each session will include song circles, interactions with animals, puzzles & sensory activities, and a short outdoor experience. The cost for the program is $318. Conservancy Members at the Family Plus Level and above receive a $25 discount. This program is for ages 2 – 4 years old only. A guardian must accompany the child at all times.
A limited amount of need-based scholarships are available.
Please fill out our application form if you would like to be considered.
- Summer Semester – typically runs July to August
- Fall Semester –typically runs mid-September to mid-November. Registration now open below!
- Spring Semester – typically runs April to May
Sign up for our mailing list to receive notifications about future registration dates.
The 2023 Fall Semester will run for 8 consecutive Wednesdays, from September 20-November 8.
Please read all the information below on class times and location before you consider enrolling.
We are now offering a morning and afternoon class. Both class times will provide the same general content and experiences, however we expect the morning session participants to skew younger and the afternoon session to skew older due to age differences in schooling and naps. We recommend you enroll your child in the appropriate age block.
MORNING CLASS (recommended for ages 2-3 years)
Wednesdays, 10:30 AM-11:45 AM
AFTERNOON CLASS (recommended for ages 3-4 years)
Wednesdays, 3:30 PM-4:45 PM
This program will take place both indoors and outdoors. We will start each class in the Environmental Education Center located at 99 Plymouth Street, Brooklyn NY 11201.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS & PROGRAM PROTOCOLS
All program participants must follow these guidelines.
- We strongly encourage all participants wear a mask while inside the Environmental Education Center.
- We kindly ask families not to bring infants or older children along to the program.
- Caregivers are responsible for ensuring their children practice good hygiene by sanitizing hands before/after class and avoid placing tongue or mouth on class materials.
- Any participants with symptoms or potential exposure to the COVID-19 must stay home. Caregivers must report any positive tests or possible exposures from program attendees to the Conservancy within 24 hours.
- Adults will be required to sign a waiver before the start of the first class agreeing to these rules and expectations.
- There are no make-up classes, prorated payments per class, or refunds once the semester begins.
- This program is in high demand, please do not take a spot away from someone else if you know you will not be able to make many of the classes.
Financial Need Scholarships are available. Please fill out our application form if you would like to be considered.
Other Early Childhood Opportunities
Join us for our monthly Nature Storytime at the Environmental Education Center on the third Thursday of every month at 3:00 PM! Visiting librarians from BPL Adams Street Branch lead families in exciting stories, songs, and play related to the Ed Center’s current theme of the month.