The Conservancy’s annual Harvest Festival is now completed for 2021. Be the first to know about the return of this event in 2022 by subscribing to our email list.
Join us this fall as we celebrate the changing of the seasons at the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy’s annual Harvest Festival! Don’t miss our kick-off procession, arts and crafts, storytelling, lawn games and more—including our signature pumpkin patch. We have a great lineup of community partners who will be lending their time and talents to make this a very special (and safe) return for one of our favorite programs.
Music for the day includes Hudson Horns kicking off the festival New Orleans-style at 11:00 AM on Bridge Park Dr and Pier 6, leading the way with live music to our Mainstage at Pier 6 Plaza. At 12:00 PM, members of Brooklyn Contra Dance will lead a performance and contra-style (swing + square) dance class for all! For the finale at 2:00 PM, DJ Likwuid will close the festival with an all-ages dance party.
And that’s not all—our Story Lawn features free readings from Brooklyn Public Library at 11:00 AM and Drag Queen Story Hour at 12:00 PM. Brooklyn Book Bodega will also be on site throughout the entire festival with free books and blankets to borrow.
Dennis Kim (a.k.a. The Close-Up Artist), will mystify you with his close-up magic, and circus artist Brianna Kalisch provides a towering spectacle atop her stilts!
Between 11AM and 2PM, visit our many activity stations to experience:
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy Education Center’s touch tank with live animals
- Billion Oyster Project activity station
- North American Indigenous Center of New York, where you can plant a seed and learn about the storied history of our region
- Private Picassos’s gratitude tree, where you can decorate a leaf and help fill out the tree!
- Puppeteer and artist Sarah Scholl’s puppet-creation station
- Park Slope Parents’s large bubbles and body art
- Brooklyn Children’s Museum live animal experience
- YMCA lawn games and short sports games!
Wearable Collections will have a clothing drop-off station from 11:00am-3:00pm. Scroll below for items accepted!
…and last but not least, our quintessential pumpkin decoration station will be open while supplies last! (To accommodate as many as we can, we ask that families limit themselves to one pumpkin per child).
The Conservancy’s free events and programs are made possible by hundreds of supporters like you. Please consider making a donation to support our work.