Get the kids on the water at this family-focused kayaking program in Brooklyn Bridge Park! On Sundays from 12pm to 3pm the Brooklyn Bridge Boathouse hosts kayaking just for kids and their guardians.
Kids age 7 or older can paddle alone (as long as a guardian is present) thanks to on-water safety boaters provided by The Kayak Foundation and specially trained to work with kids. They can learn the basics of kayaking, build confidence, and see the city in a whole new way while paddling the embayment between Pier 1 and 2. Life vests are provided.
Advanced registration required. Free registration opens 2 weeks ahead of each date through the Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse website. Check back daily for more openings.
- All children must have a parent or guardian present.
- Singles are for adults, or any kayaker with a parent/guardian present that is at least 7 years old.
- Children 6 or younger are required to paddle in a double with a parent/guardian.
- Children must weigh at least 30 pounds to get on the water.
- Doubles are for one adult and no more than one child under 14.
- Please show up at least 1 hour before closing, as that is when the line closes and the last boats go out.
Additional Rules for Kayaking:
Read the Brooklyn Bridge Park BoatHouse FAQs to answer even more of your kayaking questions.
The Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy reserves the right to cancel due to extreme weather conditions.