Brooklyn Bridge Park is committed to making the park and its amenities and programs accessible to all audiences. Scroll down for more information on accessible features.
- Benches throughout the park have handrails and backs. Companion seating is also available.
- Picnic tables at Empire Fulton Ferry, Pier 2 and Picnic Peninsula are accessible.
- All of the park’s water fountains are accessible.
- Fitness equipment located on Pier 2 features three ADA-specific pieces.
- One of the basketball courts at Pier 2 features a fully adjustable hoop.
All park entrances and pathways are accessible
All lawns have accessible entrances at grade.
The play areas at Pier 1, Pier 2 and Pier 6 have accessible swings and ground level play equipment. The playground at Main Street has accessible ground level play features and ramped equipment.
Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy welcomes users of all audiences to its diverse array of programs. From the Environmental Education Center and Books Beneath the Bridge to Waterfront Workouts and volunteering, we encourage visitors to join in to the extent of their ability. The Conservancy’s signature summer event, Movies With A View, is closed captioned. Check our events page for more information about the park’s offerings.
Restrooms are located at Pier 1, Pier 2, Pier 6, Squibb Park and Empire Fulton Ferry and are fully accessible.
Service animals are welcome in the park.
Squibb Park and Bridge
The original ramp in Squibb Park has been re-graded in order to enable ADA access into the park for the first time. The Squibb Bridge is accessible and improves the community’s access to Squibb Park.
The park has ferry landings at Pier 1 and Pier 6 that are serviced by the NYC Ferry, New York Water Taxi and Governors Island Ferry, all of which are accessible.