Follow Brooklyn Bridge Park on Twitter for updates.
We are always working to maintain and improve Brooklyn Bridge Park. Here you will find a description of current work in the Park that may disrupt some areas of use. Some work you will see is construction to open new parkland, some is preventative, and is some restorative maintenance.
Thank you for your patience as we grow and improve Brooklyn Bridge Park.
Event Updates & Cancellations
- Journey to the Stars is cancelled due to low visibility / weather.
- The Empire Fulton Ferry Lawn will be closed Tuesdays and Thursdays to allow the recently replanted grass to properly root and grow.
- The restrooms at Pier 6 at Fornino are temporarily closed.
Work in Progress
Emily Roebling Plaza: December 2020 – December 2021
- Installation of bollards at the Pier 1 entrance
Preventative Maintenance to be completed by Fall 2023
- Preventative maintenance and structural work continues at Piers 2, 3, 5, and 6 to maintain the integrity of the piers for decades to come. The work is being completed by divers who work from the nearby barges, which move around the piers as work progresses.
- Read about the project in the New York Times here.
In compliance with Local Law 75 please click here for Brooklyn Bridge Park’s return to work check list
Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy Events:
Safety Protocols & Guidelines
Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy is thrilled to be able to offer in-person programs. Maintaining safety is our number one priority and we are following State, City, and CDC guidelines to limit the spread of COVID-19. For the well-being of our community, we ask that anyone who exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19 or has recently come into contact with someone who had COVID-19, please stay home. Any participants who do not comply with safety requirements will be asked to leave the program.
Due to recent elevated levels of COVID transmission in the NYC area, the use of masks in crowded outdoor settings that include unvaccinated individuals is highly recommended, regardless of vaccine status. We greatly encourage that everyone wear a mask while in congested areas or interacting with those outside your household, maintain social distancing whenever possible, and practice good personal hygiene.
To further ensure the safety of our program participants, staff, partners, and volunteers, program procedures include the following requirements:
- All participants and staff will maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from one another.
- All participants must read and complete our updated waiver.
- Shared materials will be limited as much as possible. Any materials that are shared will be sanitized between each use.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided on-site.
- Staff are expected to wash hands regularly and self-monitor and report any symptoms. Staff are required to stay home if they have any symptoms or have recently come into contact with someone with symptoms.
Any participants who do not comply with safety requirements may be asked to leave the program. If you have questions, please reach out to [email protected]