Brooklyn Bridge Park is a great place to host your wedding ceremony. However, due to the popularity of the waterfront location, ceremonies can only be held in three different locations and must follow specific rules outlined below. Our team is happy to help coordinate the location, please read through the below page to learn more about the process.
Permit Application Process
- All permit applications for the upcoming year will open on December 1st of the current year. It is not possible to place a hold on a date.
- Permits are not issued for holidays or during holiday weekends.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee approval of the requested date, time, or location. Your ceremony is only confirmed when you have received a permit. Please contact the permits department below to discuss availability if your details are not flexible.
- Application and site fees for wedding ceremonies are non-refundable. There is a $400.00 site fee in addition to the $25.00 application fee and $1.00 credit card processing fee. The full, non-refundable $426.00 fee is charged upon submitting your application. Please read this page and our Permit Terms and Conditions carefully before submitting your application.
- Wedding ceremonies can only be held at the Pier 1 Granite Prospect, Empire Fulton Ferry Boardwalk, or Main Street Pebble Beach. Please review the map at the bottom of this page. Ceremonies at Pier 1 Granite Prospect must maintain a path at all times on the waterfront promenade that allows for the general public to pass by.
- Wedding permits do not grant exclusive access to the location listed.
- Wedding ceremonies cannot exceed 1.5 hours and may have a maximum of 100 guests.
- It is not allowed to set up staging, tables, podiums, tents, or amplified sound for ceremonies in the park. Please also note that decorations like chalk, confetti, powders, glitter, balloons, or any other similar substance cannot be used in the Park.
- A maximum of 10 folding chairs may be brought by your party if there are guests in need.
- Wedding receptions are not allowed in the park.
- Permits for wedding or engagement photography are not required unless your group is larger than 20 people or you plan to use more than handheld photography equipment. This is applicable to non-commercial wedding or engagement photos only.
- Cancellations or rescheduling: Permits fees are non-refundable. Cancellations after your application has been submitted will not result in a refund. Ceremonies can be rescheduled within the same calendar year depending on availability. If you wish to reschedule you must contact the permits department at least 24-hours in advance, Monday-Friday, of the date you have received a permit for.