Brooklyn Bridge Park is accepting permits for special events, groups cannot exceed 25 people. By submitting your application you agree there will be no more than 25 people present at any one time. Face coverings are required at all times by visitors. Sports permits (including permits on Pier 6, Pier 5, or Pier 2) are not being accepted nor reviewed. Team sports are not allowed.
Applying for a Permit
- Permits must be obtained prior to undertaking regulated activities as defined in the Park Rules and Regulations.
- Applicants should read all Permit Terms and Conditions prior to submitting an application.
- Permits are not issued for weekends or holidays.
- All applicants will be charged a $25.00 non-refundable application fee and a $1.00 credit card processing fee. Additional fees may be required based on the nature of the requested permit and will be assessed after your application has been received.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you will be granted a permit. Your application is not approved until you have received a permit from Brooklyn Bridge Park. Applications may take up to 21 days to process after they have been submitted.
- Permits are not issued for Max Family Garden.
- It is not possible to receive a permit for the Pier 5 grilling stations or any picnic tables in the park. All tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis for groups of 20 people or less. Personal grills are not allowed to be brought into the park.
- Applications for the upcoming year will open on December 1st of the current year.
- Please note that chalk, confetti, powders, glitter, balloons, or any other similar substance cannot be used in the Park. These substances are difficult to manage when blown into plant beds, water features, or paths. These products can blend with the soil or water and the dyes or chemical makeup of these products may have long-term harmful effects on the Park’s ecosystem.
- Please contact [email protected] to discuss availability for permits in the Park.
All permit applicants who are required to provide insurance must provide a Certificate of Insurance (COI) with the following language in the ‘Description of Operations’ box and the following address as the certificate holder. If you fail to provide a COI with the language below, we will not issue your permit.
Description of Operations text (“permittee” is your entity name):
“permittee” is also insured under the described policy. The following are included as additional insureds, including with respect to claims arising out of Permittee’s operations: Brooklyn Bridge Park Corporation d/b/a Brooklyn Bridge Park, the City of New York, Brooklyn Bridge Park Development Corporation, New York State Urban Development Corporation d/b/a Empire State Development, the State of New York, and their respective officers, officials, agents, members, directors, and employees, with coverage at least as broad as ISO Form CG 20 26.
Certificate Holder text:
Brooklyn Bridge Park
334 Furman Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201